Employee and Workplace Safety During the Pandemic
COVID-19 Checkups: Managing Your Business Through the Pandemic
Businesses are adopting new Workplace Policies to keep their company’s afloat, meet deadlines and keep their staffs safe and productive. Without careful planning, COVID-19’s disruptions to supply chains and impacts on Employees, Customers and Vendors can decimate your Company’s value and even viability. Transbay Law Group helps Businesses of all sizes to respond to the COVID crisis, navigate uncharted waters, maintain operations and stand ready to capture new opportunities in the months ahead. Contact Stuart Hays, Managing Partner; [email protected]; (650) 520-9771.
As fiduciaries, Managers and Boards are required to keep themselves informed about their Company’s risks, operations and compliance with Workplace rules and the law. Companies that operate without detailed Workplace Policies and COVID strategies risk legal action from a broad range of parties. What are your obligations for keeping stakeholders safe, systems secure, facilities clean and the enterprise operational. How does COVID-19 impact HR matters, facilities management, leasing matters, corporate communications and regulatory compliance?
Transbay Law Group’s lawyers are uniquely qualified to rapidly answer a broad range of regulatory, contractual, transactional and litigation exposure issues in the COVID-19 environment in a rapidly changing environment. To discuss the Legal and Business implications for your Company, contact Stuart Hays, our Managing Partner at (650) 520-9771; [email protected] who will deliver you to a qualified member of our COVID-19 practice group.
Employee Safety, Workplace Rules and Compensation
- Can Businesses require Employees to disclose their health, symptoms, exposure of family members?
- Do Businesses have to comply with HIPAA privacy laws?
- Can Businesses take employees’ temperatures or collect other health-related data?
- Are there restrictions on any data collection involving COVID-19 risks? What are the risks?
- Are privacy or security risk assessments required or advisable?
- What are the confidentiality or privacy rules for naming impacted employees?
- What are the proper COVID-19 security measures to ensure information is secure?
- How do Layoffs, Leaves, Terminations and Furloughs Impact Employee Benefit Plans and Insurance?
- Can Businesses continue Employees benefit coverage if Terminated, does COBRA apply?
- Does Health Insurance cover COVID-19 testing or treatment?
- Does COVID-19 infection qualify as a disability? What if employees are unable, or prohibited from working due to COVID-19?
- Can Employees take hardship distributions from their 401(k) plans? Can employees contribute sick days or vacation time to other employees?
- Can employees be subject to mandatory quarantine imposed by governmental authorities (and, if so, by whom)?
- What information should be reported to the various state and federal authorities?
Transbay Law Group, PC is providing these questions for educational purposes only. This does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney/client relationship. Do not act upon the information herein with obtaining advice from Transbay Law Group, PC or other qualified and experienced advisers. The information herein is not intended to be used to avoiding any federal, state or local tax penalties.