GENERAL COUNSEL SERVICES — PART-TIME
The best attorneys are also business advisors, not simply clerks or legal assistants. Transbay Law Group's attorneys have served as business executives as well as in-house counsel. Our lawyers combine commercial insight and industry knowledge with a practical problem-solving. These insights solve minor problems before they grow into catastrophes.
“Transbay Law Group is responsive to all the deals--and potential deals--that we discuss with them. They work seamlessly with our Board, investors, management and outside contractors. Transbay Law Group is simply the best law firm I've ever worked with. Our lawyer is efficient, accurate, and offers the practical insights."
Transbay Law Group--Corporate Development Client
IN-HOUSE LEGAL COUNSEL — ON SPEED DIAL
Transbay Law Group handles common and extraordinary legal challenges--as-needed. We offer the same level of service as a full-time general counsel or law firm lawyer for much less. All Transbay Law Group attorneys are trained to quickly review the files, identify missing information, diagnose the legal issues, formulate options, plan a staged response and manage to your budget.
Negotiating and Drafting Contracts
- Software/Mobile Tech/Digital/License Agreements
- Stock Purchase Agreements/Asset Purchases
- Debt and Equity Transactions
- Requirements/Supply/Outsourcing Agreements
- Mergers & Acquisitions/Due Diligence
- Channel Partner/Reseller/Distributor Agreements
- Manufacturing/Product Development Agreements
- General Commercial Agreements
Managing Corporate Governance
- Attending Board Meetings/Drafting Minutes
- Preparing ESOPs and Stock Option Plans
- Corporate Compliance Reviews and Remediations
Early-Stage/Corporate/Follow on Venture Financing
Risk Management/HR, IT and Operational Procedures
- Settlement Agreements/Cross-License Agreements
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Complete transaction support for a range of M&A deals
- Due Diligence and Deal Support for Large, Complex Transactions and Rollups
Litigation/Mediation/Arbitration Management and Support
Management of Employment and Operations, including:
- Offer Letters and Employment Agreements/Independent Contractor Agreements
- Severance Negotiations/Employee Handbooks
“We worked with numerous lawyers we found the right fit with Transbay Law Group. They're responsive and balance strategic issues with practical results. Our start-up is growing rapidly, Transbay Law Group keeps pace, meets deadlines, hits benchmarks and keeps us on the right path. They provide everything we need from an operational and legal perspective."
Transbay Law Group--Start-Up Venture Client
IN-HOUSE COUNSEL FOR LOGJAMS & PEAKS IN CASE LOAD
Turn to Transbay Law Group when your in-house counsel is overloaded or consumed by large transactions. We manage peaks in case load at a fraction of the cost of typical law firm. We can schedule regular site visits to perform compliance reviews, attend key meetings or contribute to business development discussions. Our experienced lawyers prepare management for shareholder and board meetings.
During seasonal peaks or when your legal staff is spread too thin, we will work from your site for a set number of hours or days per week or month. Transbay Law Group attorneys are carefully vetted for expertise and professionalism. Our attorneys make client relationships last.
Transbay Law Group is your legal team's "Force-Multiplier." We manage both special projects and routine legal needs including:
- Contracts/In-Licenses/Out-Licenses/SaaS Licenses
- Stock Purchases/Asset Purchases
- Private Placements/Angel Financings
- Friends and Family Rounds
- Debt and Equity Transactions
- Real Estate/Landlord-Tenant Issues
- Employee Matters/Stock Option Plans
- Leases/Distribution/Manufacturing Agreements
- IP Protection/Portfolio Management/Patent Prosecution
- Dispute Resolution, Settlement Negotiations/Mediation/Arbitration/Litigation Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions Transactions and Diligence
Transbay Law Group delivers high quality general counsel services for much less than the cost of traditional law firms. We control your legal budget while maintaining the high quality service that you deserve. Contact our Managing Partner supplement your in-house legal counsel.
“Transbay Law Group is nimble, creative and comfortable with tight deadlines. They quickly ramp-up or ramp-down as needed. When we needed extra help, Transbay Law Group placed a full-time experienced attorney on-site and structured a flexible fee structure. Their fees were far less than a traditional law firm."
Transbay Law Group--Special Project Client
SCALING LEGAL DEPARTMENT OPERATIONS
We can scale the size and scope of your legal department, keep more work in-house, lower legal costs and support your legal's operational needs including: IP Management, Contract management and Administration Manage Board of Director Relations, Subsidiary Management, Records Management, and Corporate Governance.
- We drive Legal Depart. deliverables and lead Key Projects
- We support initiatives by Sales, Licensing and Marketing Departments.
- We coordinate Finance, HR, IT, Sales legal functions.
- We can source evaluate, test and implement technology solutions throughout the legal department.
- We can establish internal eBilling systems, budget, train, benchmark, goal setting and track results.
- We develop and maintain innovative programs including training, internal Wikis other media enterprise-wide.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Project Manager - We are team players that drive numerous projects simultaneously, identify and resolve legal and business issues, and prioritize.
- Change Agent - We have the ability and flexibility to embrace frequent change in all forms.
- High Standards - We have the impeccable integrity, good judgment, seasoned analytical skills, superior oral and written communication skills and infectious can-do approach.
- We are independent and effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Our results above expectations.
Transbay GC manages the legal needs of small and middle market companies for less than traditional law firms. We serve as virtual general counsel for clients without In-House legal staff. We tailor fixed-fee, hourly or daily rate structures.